Traveling to Ca Mau Cape should be among your bucket list if you are planning to explore the beauty of Southern Vietnam. If you are still wondering about things to do in Ca Mau Province, we will provide you with insider tips to prepare for your trip to the southernmost point of Vietnam.
1. Location of Ca Mau Cape, Vietnam
Ca Mau Cape resides at the southernmost point of Vietnam. It is part of Dat Mui Village, Ngoc Hien District, about 100 kilometers away from Ca Mau’s city center. Considered by UNESCO as a biosphere reserve in 2009, this cape is known for its mangroves ecosystem, which is the largest in Vietnam.
Tourists often choose to visit the cape not only for its ecosystem but also for its unique location – the southernmost point of Vietnam. Some famous attractions here include the GPS 0001 Milestone or the end point of Ho Chi Minh Trail.
>>> Take a look at the Ca Mau map to plan ahead your travel destinations!
2. How to get from Ca Mau City to Ca Mau Cape?
Tourists can choose from many means of transportation to travel to Ca Mau Cape from Ca Mau City:
- By road: From Ca Mau City, there are many buses traveling to Dat Mui Village, with about 2 hours of travel time. If you want to indulge in the sublime view along the roads, car or motorbike rental is also a great choice.
- By waterway: You can also take a ferry from Ca Mau Ferry Terminal for about 2,5 – 3 hours to reach Dat Mui Village. At the village, you can take a taxi or motorbike taxi to get to the cape, which is only 4 kilometers away.
- Combined transportation: You can travel along National Road 1A toward Dat Mui Village. Upon reaching Nam Can Town, you can switch to canoes or boats through Ca Mau Cape National Park to get to the village.
3. Best things to do in Ca Mau Cape
3.1. Take a boat ride through mangrove forests
The mangrove forests are a unique beauty of Ca Mau Vietnam. Traveling on boats or canoes through the waterways here allows tourists to enjoy the natural beauty of the mangroves and take memorable pictures. Along the waters, you can explore the diversity of the largest mangroves ecosystem in Vietnam and learn more about the local wildlife. You can even watch flocks of birds on their migration and various aquatic species underneath the alluvial soils.
3.2. Visit Ca Mau Cape National Park
Ca Mau Cape National Park is a site that any tourist should visit during their time in Ca Mau. Some famous attractions here include the GPS 0001 Milestone which marks the southernmost point of Vietnam, the end point of Ho Chi Minh Trail, Au Co Statue, Lac Long Quan Temple, etc.
The park also offers a diverse ecosystem consisting of mangroves and a wide range of terrestrial and aquatic species. Ca Mau Cape National Park is home to many endangered animal species, with 2 species in the world’s red list and 4 others in Vietnam’s red list of threatened species.
Here, from the top of Hanoi Flag Tower, you can see the whole mangrove forests from above and have a panoramic view of the East Sea.
3.3. Watch the sunset and sunrise
Due to its geological location that faces the sea in both the east and west, Ca Mau Cape allows tourists to watch both the sunrise and sunset on the sea. The best place for tourists to enjoy these magnificent views is from the breakwaters surrounding the mangrove forests.
3.4. Experience local life
The life of the locals have been deeply connected to the mangrove forests for generations. They spend their time traveling through the waterways for trading and fishing. During your stay at Ca Mau Cape, you can experience the unique lifestyle of the locals, who live in doorless houses floating above the water.
3.5. Try local specialties
Traveling to Ca Mau Cape, not only can you relax in the fresh air from the sea, you also can visit shrimp farms, try fishing, and enjoy the local seafood. Among a wide range of seafoods such as fish, crabs, or snails, the crabs in Ca Mau Vietnam are most famous for their taste. As these crabs live in an environment with highly nurturing conditions, they are a must-try for anyone who wants to learn more about the local cuisine.
>>> Check out Ca Mau weather to be prepared for your memorable holiday!
4. Essential notes for your first excursion to Ca Mau Cape Vietnam
If you are planning your first trip to Ca Mau Cape, here are some tips for you to note:
- Best time to visit: Due to its location, Ca Mau often has a higher temperature than most of Vietnam. Generally, Ca Mau offers more favorable scenery and experience between December and April.
- Where to stay: Dat Mui Village has become a famous tourist attraction in recent years, and local tourism has been developing. There are many homestays in the village, allowing tourists to become acquainted with the local daily life.
- Packing list: You should prepare all essentials to ensure a pleasant stay in Ca Mau Province. Travel documents, suitable clothing for the heat, and enough cash to spend on your stay here are all recommended.
Apart from Ca Mau Cape, there are many other attractions you should consider visiting in Ca Mau, namely Hon Da Bac Island, Ca Mau Floating Market, U Minh Ha National Park, Ngoc Hien Bird Sanctuary, Thi Tuong Lagoon, Khai Long Beach, Trem River, etc.
If you are wondering about accommodation during your stay in Vietnam, Vinpearl offers top-notch service with a system of hotels and resorts across the country. With deluxe rooms and a wide range of utilities, including swimming pools, kids’ playground, spas, bars, and gyms, Vinpearl has everything you need for a comfortable stay.
Moreover, the modern design of Vinpearl harmonizes with the natural surroundings, allowing tourists to spend their vacations with ultimate relish. With Vinpearl, you can also relax and have fun with your family at VinWonders. This system of entertainment complexes will bring you unmatching excitement during your holiday.
Ca Mau Cape is definitely a destination to be explored if you are planning on a captivating journey across the S-shaped country. From natural beauty and vibrant wildlife to a unique culture that offers a lot to be discovered, Ca Mau will surely provide you with remarkable adventures.