Last update: Aug 01, 2023
Vietnam e visa (Vietnam eVisa) is a simple online process for applying for a valid visa to Vietnam. Payment and delivery of Vietnam evisa is completely done online, and normally takes 3 working days (Vietnam Time = GMT+7, excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays in Vietnam).
This post will tell you all the things about this type of visa for Vietnam.
But before getting started, please keep you updated that:
- Vietnam eVisa will be valid for up to 90 days, single or multiple entries upon request from August 15, 2023
- Vietnam eVisa countries and port of entries will be expended then as well.
👉See details of Changes in Vietnam eVisa from August 15, 2023.
Now, let’s go into details about current eVisa for Vietnam.
What is Vietam eVisa?
Vietnam e visa or Vietnam electronic visa (symbolized as EV) has been introduced by the Vietnam Immigration Department since February 2, 2017. This kind of Vietnamese visa is applied for and issued online.
An e-visa for Vietnam is valid for 30 days with a single entry only.
What does a Vietnam e visa look like?
A Vietnam evisa shows the following details:
- Full name, Date of birth, Sex, Nationality, Passport Number, Passport’s Expiry date of the evisa holder
- Travel dates (visa validity)
- Entry port
- Purpose of entry
- Inviting/ guaranteeing agency/ organization and its address, phone number (if any)
- Unique QR code which shows some details about the evisa holder, including Passport number and nationality.
It does not carry a red stamp of the Vietnam Government authority as it is issued online.
Here is a sample Vietnam e-visa
Evisa Vietnam is now available for citizens of 80 countries who wish to stay in Vietnam for no more than 30 days.
(March 17, 2022 – Source: Vietnam Immigration Department)
- Those who are not included in this list should apply for a Visa on arrival.
- Vietnam evisa holders who wish to stay in Vietnam for more than 30 days should do a visa run, as the evisa cannot be extended now.
Applicable Ports of Entry for Vietnam eVisa online
Holders of an evisa Vietnam are allowed to enter the country through one of the following 33 ports:
|Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)||Bo Y Landport||Chan May Seaport|
|Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)||Cha Lo Landport||Da Nang Seaport|
|Can Tho International Airport||Cau Treo Landport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Da Nang International Airport||Huu Nghi Landport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Noi Bai Int Airport (Hanoi)||Ha Tien Landport||Hai Phong Seaport|
|Phu Bai Int Airport||Lao Bao Landport||Nha Trang Seaport|
|Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)||Lao Cai Landport||Quy Nhon Seaport|
|La Lay Landport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|Moc Bai Landport||Vung Tau Seaport|
|Mong Cai Landport|
|Nam Can Landport|
|Na Meo Landport|
|Song Tien Landport|
|Tinh Bien Landport|
|Tay Trang Landport|
|Xa Mat Landport|
- Your entry checkpoint must be exact, otherwise, your entry could be refused.
Vietnam evisa official website
https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt is the single official website for Vietnam evisa application.
Other websites with evisa service are commercial ones that will work on your information, submit your evisa application via this official website, speed up your evisa processing (if required), track your evisa status, download the evisa letter, and send it to your email.
Vietnam eVisa Requirements
To apply for an evisa for Vietnam, you must make sure that:
- Your nationality is included in the Vietnam evisa country list;
- You have an exact entry port;
- Your passport is valid for at least 6 months following arrival date and has at least 02 blank pages;
- You have a soft copy of a passport-size photo (see Vietnam visa photo requirements);
- You have soft copies of your passport personal data page which must be full and clear;
- You have a credit/debit card to make payment online for e-visa fee, (American Express card is not accepted).
Vietnam eVisa processing time
How long does Vietnam evisa take? It normally takes 03 working days to receive the e-visa letter; however, the processing time may be affected by a large number of applicants or public holidays. As such, you should consider applying for this kind of visa 1-2 weeks before departure.
Estimated Vietnam evisa processing time (Based on our customer’s feedback)
|Processing time||Percentage of applicants|
|<3 working days||5%|
|3 working days||75%|
|4-5 working days||15%|
|>5 working days||5%|
Notes: Many applicants experience delays in their Vietnam e visa applications due to errors in the information they submitted on the official website, such as low-quality photos or incorrect names that do not match ICAO guidelines.
For those who need a faster processing time, an emergency Vietnam evisa service is available. With this option, the visa can be processed within 4-8 working hours, or 1-2 working days. This option is available for a higher fee and is ideal for travelers who need a visa quickly and don’t have time to wait for the normal processing time.
Vietnam eVisa cost
An e-visa for Vietnam costs you 25 USD (per person). This fee is not refunded if your application is refused or your visa letter contains any wrong details which have been provided by you in the application form.
Vietnam evisa application steps
Here comes the full process of how to get an e-visa for Vietnam.
👉Step 1: Complete the Vietnam evisa application form online, by following the steps below:
Here are the steps to check your Vietnam evisa application status and download it when the evisa is issued.
- Go to https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/tra-cuu-thi-thuc, and enter your evisa registration code, registered emaill and date of birth, and enter Search.
- See the Application status. If it is Granted visa, you can see your evisa by cliking on the Green arrow next to print visa.
- Click on Download icon to download your evisa.
Vietnam Evisa Extension
You cannot extend a Vietnam e-visa now. In case you wish to remain in Vietnam after your e-visa expiry date, you are highly recommended to leave Vietnam for a neighboring country and then come back with a new evisa. This way is known as the Vietnam visa run.
► Check your detailed guidance for visa run Vietnam here.
Vietnam Evisa summary
- Vietnam e-visa is valid for 1 month in a single entry;
- E-visa cost is non-refundable, so ensure your application contains full information or contains no wrong details;
- Your port of entry granted on your e-visa is fixed, and you cannot change it after submitting your Vietnamese e-visa application or after your visa is issued. In case you change your port of entry, a new visa should be applied;
- No group application is accepted. Each application is for 1 applicant only.
- In case you want to visit Vietnam as a tourist but you are not eligible for an e-visa for Vietnam, please reschedule your travel until a tourist visa is issued by the Vietnam embassy or on arrival is available again.
- Previously, e-visa could be extended in Vietnam, but its extension has been currently suspended until further notice.
Vietnam eVisa Service
In case you need assistance to get your eVISA FAST & EASY, we are here to help.
With our service, you:
- WON’T have to complete the application yourself with the Vietnam Government, we do it for you, so that you will not be afraid of providing the wrong details on your application form.
- WON’T have to check your evisa processing status, we do it for you.
- GET your Vietnam eVisa ready in:
- 3- 5 working days,
- 2 working days
- 1 working day
- 2-4 working hours.
► See Emergency Vietnam Visa
Our Fees are as follows:
|Processing time||Fee (USD/pax)|
|1 – 2 pax||3 – 4 pax||From 5 pax|
|4 – 5 working days||50||49||48|
|3 working days||60||59||57|
|2 working days||75||73||71|
Note: This fee covers the Government fee (US $25) and our service fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. You are not required to do so. You are required to complete all fields marked with a red asterisk. The other fields can be ignored. All the information we list above in the How to get an e-visa for Vietnam section is required.
No. When applying online for Vietnamese evisa, you are required to provide your port of entry. This port is fixed on the visa letter, and you are allowed to enter that port only.
In case you change your port of entry, you must apply for another visa.
Where you are not sure about the port of entry, and you are traveling to Vietnam by air, we highly recommend you apply for a visa on arrival for Vietnam as you can change the airport of arrival.
An e-visa for Vietnam works at 33 ports of entry. You can see their list above, in the Applicable ports of entry section.
It normally takes 3 working days for the Vietnam Immigration Department to process your application for Vietnam e-visa.
However, the processing time may be longer due to the large number of applicants or public holidays. As such, we highly recommend you to start your application for e-visa to Vietnam 1-2 weeks before departure.
After completing the form, you will verify your information and in this step you will receive your registration code. Please remember that this code is not sent to your email.
You should take a screenshot of your registration code and save it somewhere in your device as it is very important. Without it, you cannot check your visa status and download the visa letter.
No, that is not possible. You can only apply for one applicant at a time.
After entering Vietnam by e-Visa, you can request an agency/organization/individual in Vietnam to guarantee your stay and apply on your behalf for a new visa at the Vietnam Immigration Department.
In this case, you need to write your full name as it appears in the ICAO line of your passport data page.