Hon Mot Island is an untouched world of natural beauty near Phu Quoc. This island has become a highlight on any Phu Quoc trip, attracting many visitors seeking to experience the exciting activities that it has to offer. With its wild beauty, Hon Mot Phu Quoc has become a popular destination among young travelers who love to explore and enjoy the beach.
1. Is Hon Mot Island worth visiting?
Hon Mot Island is located only 200 meters away to the northeast of Phu Quoc Island. This island provided visitors with several captivating highlights to explore:
- Being secluded in the middle of the open sea, Hon Mot Island remains quite untouched and pristine.
- From Hon Mot, you can enjoy a beautiful view of Cambodia, which is only about 4 to 5 nautical miles away.
- The island has a lovely paved path lined with cute huts for resting and engaging in outdoor activities, such as photography, camping, and BBQ.
- Hon Mot Island is surrounded by clear turquoise seawater and a rich ecosystem, with many green old trees.
- The ecosystem is characterized by the strong development of spinach along with delicate purple flowers. They grow close to each other and cover the entire path, which creates a charming scenery.
>>> Do not miss out on things to do in Phu Quoc!
2. What to do in Hon Mot Island Phu Quoc?
The following activities are sure to leave a memorable impression on tourists when they come to Hon Mot Island Phu Quoc Vietnam:
- Behold the gorgeous sunset
- Snorkel to witness a wide range of colorful coral reefs
- Take a stroll around the island, enjoy the spectacular views, and get connected with nature
- Catch a breathtaking sight of Cambodia
- Have a fun-filled night camping and throw a BBQ party with friends and family on the beach
Visitors can buy seafood and meat for their BBQ at Bai Thom on the way to Hon Mot Island.
>>> When it comes to Phu Quoc Island, it is worth tasting Phu Quoc food!
3. BEST tips for your perfect island getaway in Hon Mot Phu Quoc
- Follow a 200-meter path across the sea to reach Hon Mot
- The dry season, from November to April, is the best time to visit the island. This period has cool and refreshing weather, which is perfect for various outdoor activities.
- Bring sun protection items such as hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, and brightly-colored clothing. In addition, if you come during the rainy season, raincoats and umbrellas are necessary.
- Prepare for your camping and BBQ well. As Hon Mot Island is quite secluded, there are limited rental services here.
- To fully discover the natural and thrilling sights that Hon Mot has to offer, it is suggested to stay here for 1-2 days.
- Some nearby restaurants, like Hoa Bien, Friendly Beach Bai Thom, Bien Dua, Phu Quoc Night Market, etc., serve various delicious seafood dishes for you to savor.
- Traveling to Hon Mot Island, visitors have various options of hotels and resorts to choose that will suit their preferences and budgets. If you are considering where to stay, Vinpearl Phu Quoc stands out as the perfect choice. This all-in-one system provides world-class accommodations and top-notch facilities that will meet the needs of even the most demanding travelers.
Phu Quoc has earned a reputation as a tropical paradise. Apart from Hon Mot Island, Phu Quoc has much more, from historical and cultural attractions to recreational complexes, such as Gam Ghi Island, Fingernail Island, Dinh Cau Beach, Tranh Stream, Starfish Beach, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc, Grand World Phu Quoc, etc.
If you are seeking an unparalleled entertainment experience during your stay, VinWonders Phu Quoc should be on the top of your list of Phu Quoc attractions. It is the largest theme park in Vietnam, with 6 subdivisions inspired by fairy tales and famous civilizations around the world, which are European Avenue, Fantasy World, Mysterious Viking Village, Typhoon World, Sea Shell, and Adventure World. This exhilarating theme park will bring a bunch of exciting and thrilling rides and games for visitors of all ages.
>>> Book tickets of VinWonders Phu Quoc to enjoy an incredible adventure!
Hon Mot Island, a hidden gem of Phu Quoc, promises an idyllic getaway for those seeking breathtaking scenery, excellent photo opportunities, and a relaxing atmosphere to unwind and recharge. There are several must-try activities on this island waiting for visitors to explore.