Before traveling to Phu Quoc, you should clearly know about Phu Quoc’s weather to choose the best time to visit this beautiful island. In fact, the island is suitable for tourism throughout the year thanks to its features of the monsoon climate. Yet, you should read this article for some information to get your own answer about when to go.
1. The features of Phu Quoc’s weather and Phu Quoc’s temperature
Phu Quoc Island is located at low latitude in the Gulf of Thailand. Due to being surrounded by the sea on all four sides, Phu Quoc’s weather is cool throughout the entire year with a tropical monsoon character. The annual average rainfall is 3,000 millimeters, yet it can even reach 4,000 millimeters in the Northern area. There are two distinct seasons in Phu Quoc: the dry season and the rainy season.
Specifically, in the dry season, Phu Quoc Island is affected by the Northeast monsoon with relatively strong intensity. At that time, the average wind speed is about 3.2 m/s and the average humidity is roughly 78%. The highest temperature is recorded in April and May which is up to 35 degrees Celsius. Meanwhile, Phu Quoc’s temperature averages around 27 – 28 degrees Celsius during this season.
In the rainy season, Phu Quoc Island is affected by the West – Southwest monsoon with the average wind speed of 4.5 m/s. You can rarely find a sunny day at that time because the average rainfall is 414 mm/month with high humidity of 85% to 90%.
2. Phu Quoc’s weather – The best time to visit Phu Quoc you should know
To find the answer to the question, “When is the best time to visit Phu Quoc?” you should read some information below:
2.1. In the dry season
The dry season in Phu Quoc starts from late October to April. Thanks to the nice Phu Quoc weather, this is considered the most ideal time for sightseeing as well as participating in some tourism activities.
When visiting Phu Quoc in the dry season, you will have a chance to enjoy sunbathing by lying down on the beach sand and soaking in the sunshine. It is not exaggerating to say that this is one of the most fantastic experiences in the pearl island of Kien Giang Province.
In addition, the dry season is befitting for exploring many famous tourist attractions in Phu Quoc like Ham Ninh Fishing Village, Long Beach, VinWonders Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc,…. However, this season is also the busiest time for tourism in Phu Quoc so you will find it crowded with tourists during these months.
>>> Book VinWonders & Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc combo ticket with direct access to experience a lot of wonderful activities!
2.2. In the rainy season
After the peak period, from the end of May to the beginning of October, Phu Quoc enters the rainy season. In this season, there are usually heavy rainfalls, strong sea waves, constant wind and high humidity. Therefore, it will not be the appropriate answer to the question as mentioned above. However, if you take a trip to Phu Quoc in this season, it will give you a lot of interesting experiences.
2.3. At the time of season change
The time of season change, which is the period between the dry season and the rainy season, is another option if you want to pay a visit to Phu Quoc with your family or friends. The weather in Phu Quoc, Vietnam at that time is favorable for all activities. Whether staying at the resort or having a picnic on the beach, you will definitely feel excited!
3. Exploring the famous seasonal foods of Phu Quoc
Regardless of how Phu Quoc’s weather is, there is surely a lot of delicious seafood to be served to tourists all year round. Here are some well-known dishes in Phu Quoc you should try once:
- Ham Ninh crab: It is boiled and eaten with the sauce made from black pepper, salt and lime juice.
- Salad from herring: It has a harmonious combination of fresh herring meat and ingredients including onions, grated coconut, fried minced garlic, chili,…
- Grilled sea-urchin: Urchin grilled with salt, pepper and lemon is a super delicious and nutritious Phu Quoc food you should enjoy.
- Phu Quoc Ken noodles: This is a common dish in Phu Quoc which has a mix of fishy, crunchy, sweet and sour taste.
- Phu Quoc rose myrtle wine: This is a unique wine made from the ripe rose myrtle on the island.
Articles for you:
4. Tips for your trip depending on the weather in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
In addition to paying attention to Phu Quoc’s weather, you need to be concerned about some factors below to make the trip complete!
- You should book flight tickets or bus tickets and rent a taxi in advance in order to avoid some unexpected circumstances.
- You should set the schedule before traveling, such as the duration of the trip, where to go, how to go,… for more convenience.
- You need to be financially well-prepared for the trip and bring all necessary documents (ID card, passport, tickets,…) for check-in, check-out and emergency purposes.
- You should choose appropriate clothing and accessories depending on the season, such as glasses, hats, masks, earrings, umbrellas,…
An important thing you should take note of is accommodation. If you decide to come to Phu Quoc during the peak season, you should book rooms in hotels or resorts in advance to ensure having a room at a good final price. There are a lot of places to stay and Vinpearl Phu Quoc is among the top accommodations you should choose.
The Vinpearl Phu Quoc system has seven luxury hotels and resorts, including Vinpearl Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Wonderworld Phu Quoc… All of which offer a wide range of high-end services to fulfill your every need when visiting this island.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc to experience the best tourism services at any time of the year!
Through the article, it can be clearly seen that Phu Quoc’s weather in different seasons has its own distinctive features. Depending on your personal plan, you can determine when you should take your backpack and go to Phu Quoc Island. We hope that you find this article useful for your upcoming trip to this paradise of white sand and sunshine.