For Vietnam travel, it is required to have a Vietnam visa needed for most international visitors. Obtaining a valid Vietnam visa is essential before your trip to ensure a smooth entry into the country. Make sure to check the specific Vietnam visa application requirements and plan accordingly for a memorable journey.
1. What are the documents needed for Vietnam visas?
Here is a concise and straightforward checklist of essential documents for Vietnam entry requirements, applicable to those not exempted from Vietnam visas:
- Passport: Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from your entry date, and it should contain at least 2 blank pages for visa stamping. Temporary passports may not be accepted.
- Visa approval letter: This is in the list of Vietnam visa needed documents if you opt for a Vietnam visa on arrival.
- Photos: Two recent passport-sized photos (4×6 cm) without glasses.
- Visa application form: The Entry and Exit Form is part of the Vietnam visa on arrival requirements.
- Vietnam visa fee: This depends on the type of visa you apply for.
Note that additional requirements may apply for certain nationals or when you apply for an e-visa for Vietnam, which typically include a photo in .jpg format of your passport data page, your temporary address in Vietnam, and points of entry and exit. Also, a debit or credit card is required for visa fee payment.
2. Is a Vietnam visa needed for all international entries?
For most international travelers visiting Vietnam for tourism or business purposes, obtaining a Vietnam visa is necessary, except for those on the Vietnam visa exemption list. There are various types of visa exemptions available.
- Bilateral agreement exemption: For ASEAN countries, valid for up to 30 days.
- Unilateral agreement exemption: For certain countries, valid for up to 45 days.
- Phu Quoc exemption: For foreign visitors to Phu Quoc Island, valid for up to 30 days.
- Transit exemption: For transit passengers with a layover of less than 24 hours, limited to the transit area.
- APEC Business Travel Card exemption: For APEC Business Travel Card holders, valid for up to 60 days.
- 5-year exemption: For overseas Vietnamese or children and spouses of Vietnamese citizens, regardless of nationality.
3. The updated list of Vietnam visa-free countries
Which countries do not need visa for Vietnam? Below is a list of countries exempted from visa requirements when entering Vietnam.
3.1. Vietnam unilateral visa exemption
Vietnam grants a 45-day visa exemption to citizens of 13 countries, including South Korea, Japan, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Belarus. To be eligible, travelers must hold a valid passport with at least 3 months of validity from the entry date, have a return or onward flight ticket to another country, and not be among those restricted from entering Vietnam.
3.2. Vietnam bilateral visa exemption
Citizens from countries in Asia are granted a visa exemption for stays in Vietnam not exceeding 30 days, regardless of the purpose of entry. Specifically, citizens of Brunei and Myanmar can stay in Vietnam visa-free for up to 14 days, while citizens of the Philippines can stay for up to 21 days. For citizens of Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Laos, the visa exemption allows a stay of up to 30 days in Vietnam.
4. Is a Vietnam visa needed for transiting through an airport?
A Vietnam transit visa allows travelers to pass through Vietnam en route to another destination. Depending on the circumstance, foreigners may need to obtain a transit visa for Vietnam. However, a transit visa is not required in certain situations when transiting through Vietnam airports:
- You have a Vietnam visa exemption.
- You have a connecting flight in 24 hours, stay within the designated transit area, and provide proof of your trip to the final destination, such as a visa or passport.
After knowing about the Vietnam visa needed for tourists, get ready to discover the beauty of Vietnam! Plan your visit by checking the best time to visit Vietnam and don’t miss out on the enchanting cities of Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, and Ha Long.
For an unforgettable experience in Vietnam, consider indulging in the luxurious accommodations offered by Vinpearl. Vinpearl’s hotels and resorts across the country boast modern amenities, excellent services, and stunning views of nature.
For added excitement, you can explore VinWonders, Vietnam’s most modern entertainment complexes. With thrilling games and lively festivals day and night, VinWonders guarantees endless fun for everyone.
If you are planning to visit Vietnam, make sure that you know whether you should get a Vietnam visa needed for international travelers. Vietnam offers diverse cultural experiences, along with breathtaking landscapes and vibrant cities. So, plan ahead, obtain your visa, and embark on an unforgettable journey through the captivating land of Vietnam.