For Filipino tourists planning a visit to Vietnam, being aware of the services and support offered by the Philippine Embassy is crucial. This article provides essential information and guidelines about the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip. Whether it is passport assistance, consular services, or emergency support, understanding the embassy’s functions is vital for every Filipino traveler heading to Vietnam.
1. About Philippine Embassy in Vietnam
The Philippine Embassy in Vietnam serves as the official diplomatic mission of the Philippines in the country:
- Location: 27B Tran Hung Dao Street, Phan Chu Trinh Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Operating hours:
- Office hours: 8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday, except holidays.
- Consular services: 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday.
- Telephone: (+84) (24) 3943 78 73
- Fax: (+84) (24) 3943 57 60
- Embassy Hotline (during weekends,holidays, and after office hours): +84 904 126 164
- Email: [email protected]
- Head of mission: Mr. Meynardo LB. Montealegre, Ambassador
The Consulate General of the Philippines in Ho Chi Minh City serves as an important diplomatic representation for the Philippines in southern Vietnam.
- Location: 998, Dong Van Cong Street, Thanh My Loi Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
- Office hours: Monday through Friday, except holidays
- For receiving documents: 8:30 a.m to 11:30 a.m
- For the release of documents: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m
- Head of mission: Le Thi Phung, Honorary Consul General
- Supervisory mission: Embassy of the Philippines in Hanoi
2. Services offered by Philippine Embassy in Vietnam
The Philippine Embassy in Vietnam offers a range of services to assist Filipino citizens and provide consular support.
2.1. Passport Services
The embassy facilitates passport applications, renewals, and replacements for Filipino citizens residing in Vietnam. They also assist with reporting lost or stolen passports and provide guidance on passport-related matters.
2.2. Civil Registration
The embassy registers births, marriages, and deaths of Filipino citizens that occur in Vietnam. They assist in the processing of relevant documents and provide consular advice on civil registration matters.
The embassy handles various consular documents such as notarization of legal documents, authentication of Philippine documents, and issuance of certificates, including birth, marriage, and death certificates.
2.4. Other services
The Philippine Embassy in Vietnam also provides the following services:
- Visa services: The embassy assists Vietnamese nationals who wish to travel to the Philippines by processing visa applications. They provide information on visa requirements, application procedures, and necessary supporting documents.
- Assistance to Nationals: The embassy provides consular assistance and support to Filipino citizens in distress or emergency situations. This includes providing guidance during legal issues, offering assistance to victims of crime or accidents, and facilitating communication with family members or authorities.
- Overseas Voting: The embassy facilitates the overseas voting process for Filipino citizens in Vietnam during Philippine national elections. They provide information on voter registration, absentee voting, and other related procedures.
- Information and Advisory Services: The embassy offers general information and advisory services to Filipino citizens regarding travel requirements, consular procedures, and other relevant matters. They also provide updates on any travel advisories or alerts affecting Filipino citizens in Vietnam.
3. A quick guide to Vietnam visa for Filipinos
- Do Filipinos need visas to visit Vietnam?
If you plan to stay in Vietnam for a period exceeding 21 days, a visa is indeed required. The 21-day exemption applies to Filipino citizens who are visiting Vietnam for tourism purposes and have no intention of extending their stay beyond the specified period. For longer stays or for purposes other than tourism, a visa must be obtained prior to traveling to Vietnam.
It is recommended to contact the Embassy of Vietnam or the Consulate General in the Philippines for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding visa requirements and application procedures.
- 3 ways to get a Vietnam visa
- Get a tourist visa at the Vietnam embassy or consulate
- Get a Vietnam visa online, including visa on arrival
- Get an e-visa for Vietnam online through the official website of the Vietnamgovernment
- Visa fees
- Tourist e-visa: 25 USD (non-refundable in case the e-visa application is refused)
- Business visa: fee for visa approval letter and stamping fee
- 25 USD for a single-entry visa or 50 USD for a multiple-entry visa valid for up to 3 months
- When planning your Vietnam travel, there are several renowned tourist destinations that are worth exploring. Consider adding these destinations to your itinerary: Phu Quoc, Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da Nang, Ha Long Bay. In these destinations, you can consider staying at Vinpearl.
At Vinpearl, you can immerse yourself in a serene ambiance as you relax by a sparkling infinity pool or unwind in a rejuvenating spa. With a range of elegant accommodations to choose from, including spacious rooms and private villas, Vinpearl’s hotels and resorts will ensure a truly unforgettable stay.
Additionally, you can visit VinWonders, a popular entertainment and amusement park complex located in Vietnam, known for its thrilling rides, water parks, themed zones, live performances, and interactive experiences.
With the services and support provided by the Philippine Embassy in Vietnam, Filipino tourists planning a trip to Vietnam can be well informed about all the details. From passport assistance to consular services and emergency support, the embassy ensures a smooth and safe travel experience. By staying informed and connected with the embassy, Filipino tourists can have peace of mind while exploring Vietnam. Remember to keep the embassy’s contact information handy and utilize their services as needed.