If you want to enrich your Vietnam travel, traveling from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc by ferry can be a worthwhile experience. Or, you can travel between these two destinations by flight. Whichever option you choose, the journey will be fascinating all the same.
1. About the distance from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
Rach Gia and Phu Quoc both belong to Kien Giang Province. As a vibrant coastal city with a rich culture, Rach Gia is home to several historical landmarks, including Rach Gia Cathedral, Rach Gia Museum, and Tam Bao Pagoda. Meanwhile, Phu Quoc is a tropical island with stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush forests. As Vietnam’s largest island, Phu Quoc is a popular destination for honeymooners, families, and backpackers alike.
Although Rach Gia and Phu Quoc are in the same province, they are not that close. The distance between Rach Gia and Phu Quoc by sea is approximately 120 kilometers.
>>> Check out our comprehensive guide on how to travel in Vietnam to enjoy your trip to the fullest!
2. How to get from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc by ferry?
The optimal option is taking a Rach Gia to Phu Quoc ferry. The Rach Gia to Phu Quoc ferry time is 2-3 hours, depending on weather conditions.
2.1. Rach Gia – Phu Quoc with Superdong
Superdong’s high-speed ferry has a two-deck design with a capacity of up to 300 passengers, including 8 beds reserved for the elderly, people with disabilities, and passengers with infants. In addition to carrying passengers, their ferries can also transport motorbikes and cargo. Their attentive crew are always ready to serve passengers, providing you with moments of relaxation on your journey.
Here are the Rach Gia Phu Quoc Superdong ticket price for your reference:
- Tickets for adults: 330,000 VND
- Tickets for children aged 6-11: 240,000 VND
2.2. Rach Gia – Phu Quoc with Phu Quoc Express
Besides Superdong, Phu Quoc Express is another ferry we highly recommend. They provide high-speed ferries with a capacity of 300 passengers, in addition to a luxurious VIP area with leather seats and entertainment screens for each passenger. The outer deck can accommodate about 50 people, allowing you to sightsee the scenic beauty of the blue sea throughout the journey.
Here are the Rach Gia to Phu Quoc prices of ferry tickets for your reference:
- VIP tickets: 540,000 VND
- Tickets for adults: 340,000 VND
- Tickets for children and the elderly: 270,000 VND
*Note that these prices are for reference purposes only. To have the most updated pricing information, you should directly contact the ferry company.
Here are a few tips you should keep in mind when traveling to Phu Quoc from Rach Gia by ferry:
- When purchasing ferry tickets, passengers must present their identification papers.
- Passengers should arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
- You should book the ticket as soon as possible to get your preferred departure.
- Throughout the journey, passengers are kindly requested to keep their tickets for inspection by the ferry staff.
- Luggage exceeding the specified weight limit and goods that are excessively dirty or emit foul odors will not be allowed on board.
- Passengers are responsible for the safekeeping of their carry-on luggage and personal belongings.
- Items such as explosives, flammable substances, chemicals, and drugs are not permitted on the ferry.
- Do not leave the ferry compartment. The ferry company will not be responsible in case of accidents for anyone who violates this.
>>> Check out our all-inclusive Phu Quoc itinerary to make the best of your exciting trip ahead!
3. Information about Rach Gia to Phu Quoc flights
3.1. Are there any direct flights from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc?
Currently, there are no direct flights from Rach Gia City to Phu Quoc International Airport. If you opt to fly, you can take connecting flights provided by airlines in Vietnam, which often have a layover in Ho Chi Minh City Airport.
3.2. Airfares for flights from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc
The Rach Gia to Phu Quoc time of travel by air is around 6 – 8 hours, depending on the layover time in Ho Chi Minh City. Ticket prices vary depending on the airline you choose and flight time (prices are usually higher on weekends and holidays). Connecting flights provided by Vietnam Airlines can cost from 2,500,000 VND per ticket.
*Note that these prices are for reference purposes only. To have the most updated pricing information, you should directly contact the airline.
>>> Check out our in-depth review of the seven Vietnamese airports!
When you get to Phu Quoc, here are the top spots you shouldn’t miss out on: VinWonders Phu Quoc, Grand World Phu Quoc, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc, Long Beach, May Rut Island, Ham Ninh Fishing Village, Tranh Stream, Duong Dong Market, Phu Quoc Night Market, Su Muon Pagoda, Phu Quoc National Park, Ong Lang Beach, Phu Quoc Prison, etc.
And remember to book your accommodation at Vinpearl Phu Quoc so you can have the best traveling experience while exploring Phu Quoc’s picturesque beauty. Here, you can enjoy a variety of luxurious accommodations, including hotel rooms, suites, and villas. There is also a wide range of amenities for guests of all ages, including private beaches, outdoor swimming pools, spas, fitness centers, kids’ clubs, and more.
>>> Book rooms in Vinpearl Phu Quoc now to grab some big sweet discounts!
In brief, there are two means of transportation to travel to Phu Quoc from Rach Gia, either by air or sea. However, given that there are no direct flights from Rach Gia to Phu Quoc, taking a ferry is highly recommended. No matter which option you take, you will surely have a great time on the pearl island.