Vietnam Tourist Visa
Vietnam tourist visa (categorized as DL) is one of the most popular types of Vietnamese visa which is for tourism purpose only.
How many types of tourist visa?
At the moment, you may apply for either of the following types of tourist visa for Vietnam:
- 1-month single entry (valid for 01 month with 01 entry only);
- 1 month multiple entries (valid for 01 month with several entries);
- 3 months single entry (valid for 03 months with 01 entry only);
- 3 months multiple entry (valid for 03 months with several entries during);
Note: US travelers have one (01) more option for a tourist visa to Vietnam: 1 year multiple entries visa for Vietnam.
The requirements to get Vietnam tourist visa (DL visa)
To obtain a tourist visa (DL visa), you need to prepare the required documents as follows:
- Your passport with 6 month validity (at least) and two blank pages for Vietnam visa stamp and immigration stamp;
- Vietnam visa application which can be filled online here;
- Two passport photos;
- Visa fee;
How to get Vietnam tourist visa?
You’d better start applying for a Vietnam visa two weeks in advance. There are normally 3 common ways to get it:
- Apply directly for a Vietnam visa letter at the Embassy of Vietnam in your country.
- You can apply for a visa-on-arrival (for air-travelers only) . Visa-on-arrival (VOA) in a nutshell is a process by which obtaining a visa letter of approval through an agency for check-in at the departure airport and get the verified visa stamp at an international airport in Vietnam at arrival.
- Apply for Evisa which allows applicants to stay within Vietnam with one single entry for no more than 30 days. It means you should get a Vietnamese visa on arrival if you desire to stay longer in Vietnam, or if you hope to leave and re-enter Vietnam during your stay.
What nationality take free-visa to Vietnam?
Based on the purpose of visiting Vietnam and the Vietnam visa exemption policy between Vietnam and respective countries, there are 22 nationalities which are allowed to enter Vietnam single time without using visa during a period of time.
However, based on each exemption country, there will be different restrictions. In order to ease these barriers of the visa exemption policy, you can apply for an appropriate visa prior to Vietnam.
For processing time, you should pay attention to the official time zone which is 7 hours ahead (GMT +7) and public Holidays in Vietnam because it will vary due to individual circumstances and periods. Normally, it takes 2- 3 working days to receive the approval letter. However, in emergency cases, an approval letter can be obtained in 4-8 working hours.